The Solar Plexus burns with the force and intensity of the sun – so, harness it’s potential to step into your power, feel great, and get shit done!
Solar Plexus Chakra Energy
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the seat of your personal power, purpose, and ego. When working properly it leaves you with oodles of positive energy, able to perform at your very highest peaks of awesomeness, and get shit done!
Conversely, when weak or blocked you could feel directionless, unable to make decisions, and procrastination seems easier than facing up to what you actually need to get done. Eurgh – sounds familiar, right?!
But you have this awesome Solar Plexus Chakra fire within you, waiting to help you crack through that to-do list and win at life and work! So, why not learn how to harness the power of this action-orientated Chakra to tackle difficult tasks and situations? You in? Let’s go…
Solar Plexus Chakra – the Lowdown
First, some interesting facts about the Solar Plexus Chakra – it is the third Chakra, its Sanskrit name is Manipura (meaning City of Jewels or lustrous gem) and it resonates with the colour yellow.
Unsurprisingly, it is associated with the element of fire and yellow crystals such as Citrine, Tiger’s Eye (great for both the Solar Plexus and Sacral Chakras), and Peridot (this yellow-green stone is healing for the Solar Plexus and Heart Chakras) are wonderfully supportive of the energy found here.
What can happen when the Solar Plexus
energy is imbalanced?
We know the Chakra System is a complete flow of energy up and down, in and out, so any blockages can have a profound effect on all the Chakras. But, specifically at the Solar Plexus Chakra, weakness means energy can’t flow down, so you might have loads of ideas and dreams, but lack the willpower, energy or drive to make them happen. Or if over-active, energy can get stuck in your ego – keep you striving to make yourself recognised and important for the sake of your ego, rather than moving the energy up into the more spiritual Chakras.
So, what should we do?
Look out for yellow details all around you.
We have had some lovely weather lately and the sunshine has been super-energising for our Solar Plexus Chakra, but keep an eye out for other flashes of yellow – sunflowers, a pretty lemon yellow sundress, that slice of lemon in your G&T! When you notice it, use it as a reminder to think of your Solar Plexus Chakra – so often, just setting the intention is enough.
Grab your Shine Solar Plexus Chakra Soap!
Packed with the energy-boosting, uplifting scents of Lemongrass (powerful ‘wake you up in the morning’ citrus hit!), Black Pepper (non-sneezy, headiness!), and the sweet woodiness of Frankincense, the smooth lather of this soap smells heavenly and is guaranteed to awaken your Solar Plexus energy and start your day off on a high!
My Favourite Solar Plexus Chakra Exercise…
When faced with a difficult, boring, or frustrating task or situation, we can choose to face it head-on or sweep it aside and ignore it until we are forced to deal with it. A healthy Solar Plexus Chakra will help you feel most comfortable doing the former.
If you are used to meditating, get into your usual comfortable position in your usual spot and close your eyes.
- Take some deep calm breaths to anchor yourself and imagine a small, gentle, golden-yellow flame in front of your Solar Plexus Chakra (the soft area below your breastbone).
- Sit with this image for a few moments. You are totally comfortable; the flame is not hot and will not hurt you.
- Remember to breathe!
- As you relax imagine the flame getting bigger with each breath, as if your breath is fanning it.
- You are totally safe and comfortable.
- As the beautiful, captivating flame gets bigger, imagine a confident feeling of positive excitement in your tummy.
- As the flame grows to cover your whole body, it takes this wonderful tingly feeling all over your body – down into your legs, feet, and toes. And into your arms and fingers. Feel them tingle with the energy.
- Ask the flame to burn away any resistance to the confident feeling and feel the wonderful positive energy flow all through you.
- When you feel comfortable, bring the situation or task you would like to deal with into your mind. Notice how it makes you feel. If you get negative thoughts or emotions, acknowledge them, and ask the flame to burn them away and replace them with the tingly confident feeling it generates.
- Visualise yourself ‘handling’ the task or situation, through the yellow filter of the flame. Feel excited and confident. See the positive outcome you desire taking shape and finally reach the resolution you want. See and feel how happy you are that you faced it and dealt with it.
- Once you have played the situation in your mind – as many times for as long as you want to (and feels comfortable) – imagine the flame getting smaller and smaller until it is a small, manageable, beautiful flame hovering in front of your Solar Plexus Chakra once more.
- Come back into the room and know you are a total badass!
I love this exercise and use it regularly when there is something I am struggling to face or get done.
So, there you have it…
Remember, the Solar Plexus Chakra burns with the force and intensity of the sun – so use these tips and this simple meditation to harness its power and get shit done!
Let me know how it goes for you.
You can read more about our key ingredients here, and if you fancy going a little deeper into the Chakra element of all our products, download our Shine Soap Selector and find out which of our Chakra Soaps is perfect for you – indulge in this unique and mindful way to support your energy from Root to Crown.
But if that’s not your thing? No problem – they’re also great for washing!